- Where I’m from: I was born in Charlotte but grew up in Raleigh, NC
- My hobbies: I enjoy kayaking and hiking when I have spare time!
- My crew: I enjoy spending time with my two dogs-Ary is a one year old rescue. She is a minpin/Shepherd mix. Livvy is a 10 year old full blooded miniature schnauzer.
- My background: I started running at the age of 51 with the Fleet Feet Winston Salem No Boundaries program in January 2012. I completed the program 3 times that year. In January 2013 I attended the Certified Mentor training program through Fleet Feet Winston. In July of 2013 I moved to Chicago where I went to work for Fleet Feet Sports Chicago. I became an assistant coach to the No Boundaries program in September and then head coach in April 2014. I went on to coach 10 Miler training and half marathon training. In 2015 I relocated back to NC and worked for Fleet Feet Raleigh coaching Nobo and Make It a Mile.
- Favorite athletic event: My favorite race is the Soldier Field 10 Miler in Chicago. You start in the stands of the stadium and finish on the 50 yard line.
- Motivational quote: Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
- Where I’m from: I was born in Santa Clara, California but I have lived in North Carolina for the majority of my life. The last 30 years have been in Winston-Salem.
- My hobbies: Exercise is my favorite hobby. I started as a runner but began doing triathlons in the late 80's and still do one or two races a year. I most recently completed the half ironman in Wrightsville Beach / Wilmington.
- My crew: I am married to Amy and I have three kids: Harrison (19), Susannah (4), and Luke (2). Yes, a big age range.
- My background: In addition to working at the New Balance store, I do some personal training at Enfinity Fit. I have helped coach several Fleet Feet programs including 5k, 10k, and triathlon training. I have done running races and triathlons for the last 30 years.
- Favorite athletic event: The beach-to-battleship half ironman is my favorite race because the venue allows my family to make it a vacation at the beach.
- Motivational quote: "My favorite part of the game is the opportunity to play." - Mike Singletary
- Where I’m from: I was born here in North Carolina and grew up in Pfafftown.
- My hobbies: I enjoy all types of sports and physical activities. My passion is CrossFit, I have been doing this for close to four years and I have also been coaching for the last two years.
- My crew: I am married to my wife Erin Key and we just had our first beautiful daughter Stella.
- My background: I grew up playing soccer and lacrosse through high school. I attended Appalachian State and majored in Health Promotion and Exercise Science. After college I worked for the YMCA for about 6 years, working as the wellness director/Personal trainer. I taught group ex classes and boot camps while working there. The last two years I have been coaching for a CrossFit gym here in Winston Salem. Na
- Favorite athletic event: Every year in April I participate in a crossfit competition called Beer City which is held in Asheville.
- Motivational quote: Strong people don’t put others down. They lift them up.
- Where I’m from: Winston-Salem, NC
- My hobbies: Swim, Bike, run and Kayaking or just about about anything outdoors.
- My crew: Spouse – Annette, Daughter – Ashley, Pets - Shad and Marley - Rescue Shiz Tsu's
- My background: Starting Racing Bikes in the Early 1990's, I started competing in Triathlon's 11 years ago and was hooked on the sport. I started coaching 7 years ago to help pass along the experiences that I had gained from training and racing. During this time I began to teach adults how to swim and learn a very valuable life skill." "
- Favorite athletic event: Ironman Florida. Mostly likely because it was my first. In 2018 it will be my ninth time completing the event.
- Motivational quote: Anything is Possible. All you have to have is the desire.
- Where I’m from: Born in Ohio, graduated high school and college in Texas. Moved here in 1996.
- My hobbies: Motorcycling, hiking
- My crew: Wife-Lisa of 18 years, 3 rescued dogs Olive, Pearl and Harry
My background: Certified Fleet Feet Coach in 2013. I've coached all levels of training programs from 5K to Marathon. Crazy Running coach for 2 years, 2015-16. Certified Motorcycle Safety Foundation Rider Coach in 2015. Teach at Forsyth Tech, Surry Comm. College and Randolph Comm. College. Motorcycle Referee and Judge for the USA Cycling Association.
- Favorite athletic event: Beat the Heat 5K.
- Motivational quote: Living in fear is just another way of dying before your time.
- Where I’m from: I grew up in Pfafftown, NC when I was younger and moved to Rural Hall when I was in middle school. I currently live in the Lewisville/Pfafftown area.
- My hobbies: I love exercise believe it or not. I love to go out and run on a cool fall day with motivating music. I also enjoy art and photography. I am a graphic designer by trade but also like painting and doing crafts with my kids. Reading is also a favorite hobby but I just don't seem to have a lot of time for it since having children!
- My crew: I have been married for over 14 years to my wonderful husband Ricky. We have two children: Sydney - 9 and Connor - 5. We have a beagle who has been with us for almost 12 years now, Bentley.
- My background: I have been running since 1992 - over 25 years (wow, that makes me sound old!) I started running in high school (North Forsyth) where I ran cross country all 4 years. I also competed in indoor track for 2 years, competing in the 2 mile event.
- I trained under Steve Bennett (my dad and owner of 4 Runners Only) for 2 marathons through the Team and Training program, raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. He pulled me through those marathons and I can't thank him enough for his support and encouragement during those races: 2002 San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon - time of 3:57; 2005 Marine Corps Marathon - time of 4:10. I completed Mentor Training through Fleet Feet in January 2016 and mentored the Spring 10K training program. Most recently I have been doing personal training and teaching boot camp classes. I am an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and have been teaching at Burn Boot Camp since September 2016.
- Favorite athletic event: Even though The Color Run is not a timed race, it is probably the most fun I've had at a race. I ran it a few years ago with a group of girlfriends and we had the best time.
- Motivational quote: Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Earl Nightingale
- Where I’m from: Born in New Jersey, but grew up in Greensboro, NC.
- My hobbies: Aside from running, swimming, and biking, I'm a total nerd and enjoy math, excel, data, etc. I'll also own up to being one of the biggest band geeks around, having participated in marching band for 8 years, including the Marching Virginians of Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!) where I played flute/piccolo. When I'm not working or running, you'll find me hanging out with my husband, son, pups, and kitty, visiting with our families nearby in Greensboro, or planning our next big project/adventure.
- My crew: Husband – Jason, Son - Kane , Golden Retriever – Kenzie, Pointer/Beagle/All-American Mutt – Crickit, Cat – Twitter
- My background: I coached swim team and taught swim lessons during my high school and college summers prior to getting into running and triathlons. In 2010, I participated in 6 Weeks to Speed with FFWS and from there, set out to become more of an athlete. Between 2011-2013, I dove into distance and tri completing my first of each distance triathlon, including IRONMAN Louisville, and my first of several half and full marathons. In 2014, as a way to give back to the running/tri community and pass on what I had learned from my coach/mentor (Richard Smiley) and from my own experiences, I became a FFWS Certified Mentor and have mentored just about every half marathon and triathlon FFWS program since. Most recently, I've been the sounding board, at-home coach, and biggest cheerleader for my husband as he trained for and completed his first half and full IRONMAN events in 2016-17.
- Favorite athletic event: The Cooper River Bridge Run 10K was established as a Feltis Family tradition in 2007. A core group of us ran for 10 (or 11) years straight and many other family members and friends joined in over the years - it's a great BIG race in a great city - definitely one for the bucket list!
- Motivational quote: Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction.- William James
- Where I’m from: Albany, NY
- My hobbies: Watching and playing sports, working out, and spending time with my friends and family.
- My crew; Claire (Wife), Bear (dog) and Clipper (a fat cat)
- My background: I played a variety of sports growing up but loved football the most. I played Tight End for a smaller Division 1 school but two major knee injuries forced me to retire after my junior year. Shortly after school I started working in a health club to help people achieve their fitness goals. During my nine years I over helped hundreds of Personal Trainers and Group Instructors deliver a fun and effective workout.
- Favorite athletic event: Spartan Race inside of Fenway Stadium (Boston)
- Motivational quote: Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding - Jim Valvano