2019 is upon us, and it is time to kick off training with the Fleet Feet Running Club! If you are interested in serving as a mentor please complete the mentor survey by Wednesday, January 2nd. We will review all responses and have assignments by Friday, January 4th. Thank you for being a part of the Fleet Feet Running Club and our vision to cultivate the running community in Winston-Salem!
We are currently seeking mentors for the following winter programs:
5K Finish: http://www.fleetfeetwinston-salem.com/5ktraining
Coached by Keith Davis and Ellen Whitlock
10K Foundation: http://www.fleetfeetwinston-salem.com/10ktraining
Coached by Stacy Tollie and Jenn Feltis
½ Marathon: http://www.fleetfeetwinston-salem.com/halftraining
Coached by Adam Jones and Stacy Tollie
- Coordinate and lead small groups of participants, assembled by pace, within the programs
- Inspire and empower participants as they work toward their goals
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early for workouts to receive instructions for the workout and greet participants as they arrive
- Assist with check-in and the pre-workout warm-up
- Confirm that all group members safely complete the prescribed workout
- Lead the post-workout cool-down and check-out group members
- Commit to attending at least 80% of the program workouts.
In recognition of their service, mentors will receive free:
- Free entry into the training program for which they are mentoring
- “Gear Up” coupons:
- $50 off a pair of shoes
- 20% off apparel and accessories (both coupons expire 2 weeks after the kick-off meeting)
- At the end of the program, mentors that have completed 80% or more of the workouts will receive a certificate for entry into a future FFRC program.
- Please note, the 10K mentor package does not include entry fee into the Cooper River Bridge Run, this must be paid separately.